Wednesday 27 January 2016

Talk Talk ‎It's My Life

Talk Talk It's My Life

Get It At Discogs
After an unremarkable debut, Talk Talk regrouped and refashioned themselves more in the style of sophisto-era Roxy Music while developing their own voice. It's My Life shows a great leap in songwriting, the band making highly personal statements with a sexy, seductive groove and a diversity that transcends the synth pop tag. Synthesizers still play a dominant role, but the music is made far more interesting by mixing "real" instruments and challenging world music rhythms seamlessly with the technology. Still pulling off the catchy single (like "Dum Dum Girl" and the title track, as well as the simply sublime "Does Caroline Know?") on It's My Life, Talk Talk also proved themselves capable of achieving a cohesive album

2 comments:

Dandyboy said...

I love Talk Talk. While Colour Of Spring is my all time favourite, this was so important on setting them down the road that lead such amazing music. There's a live album from around the time Colour Of Spring came out and you can hear just how astounding all the tracks from this album are when played on the same wider array of instruments. And Tomorrow Started is one of my all-time favourite songs too.

HernanS said...

pass ??

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...